Search This Blog

Thursday 7 June 2012


Here is my interview with Magic Town -  A virtual world with lots of magical treats for the kiddies!

Interview With “Superfairies” Illustrator Jennie Poh

Meet Jennie Poh. She is the illustrator behind Magic Town’s original Superfairies series by Janey Louise Jones. We had a little chat with Jennie to talk about her work.
What was your favourite book, character or game when you were a child?
My favourite book was The Wishing Chair by Enid Blyton. I just loved all the magical adventures they went on.
When did you decide to become an illustrator?
I always knew I wanted to draw and paint for a living, I couldn’t imagine doing anything else.
Where do you like to work when you are drawing?
I have a small cosy studio in my house that I share with my husband. I surround myself with all my favourite books and music for inspiration.
What are you reading now? Do you read ebooks or book apps?
I’m currently reading The Hobbit (hardback). I haven’t had a chance to get any ebooks yet.
Do you think kids experience stories differently when they read a paper book or a digital book?
I love the fact that children can have the interactive experience with digital books. And yes, it is very different, although I would never want to see the end of a paper book.
What is it like to see your drawings in Magic Town?
Very very exciting!

No comments: